WTB Series 10 Franklin Front Axle

Guest daredevilcustoms

Guest daredevilcustoms

WTB Franklin Series 10 front tube axle. Do not need the springs or the spindles, just the front axle. Thanks

Guest daredevilcustoms

gathering parts to build a relica of Art Gerricks Model T Rajo racer featured in the May 1951 Hot Rod. It used a Franklin front axle and steering. Trying to understand what model years these parts were available to help with the search. Thanks

All Franklins except the V12 and the Olympic used a tubular front axle. They got larger and heavier as the cars evolved, but they all look similar. I recently parted out a Series 10, but the front axle ans steering was sold to somebody with similar ideas to yours.

Guest daredevilcustoms

Thanks, is the series 10 axle unique to those model years, or can the same axle be found under different models/years. Do you mind telling me what the "going" price is for an axle, thanks

Guest daredevilcustoms

While I got your help, what series is this steering from and which series are similar (this is the steering generally changed over to center steering) Thanks

MVC-002F.jpg

Guest daredevilcustoms

Chuck and Steve, thanks bunch. Chuck you've been answering my similar posts on the Model T Forum, thanks again. Joe

Guest daredevilcustoms

1937hd45 it is a small world, the picture at the begining of the post was one that I believe you responded back with when I was asking similar questions on the HAMB forum! My Rajo BB is in my sprint car.

Do you think that Gerricks car was strickly a salt flats car? No front brakes and only the Model A mechanical in the back?

Guest daredevilcustoms

May 1951 Hot Rod had a write up. The car used a Model A reearend and then a Model A transmission adapted to the Model T pan that was using a Maxwell pan as a deep sump.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve, just looked at your steering box part book pages. What I have are a Series 9 and Series 10 steering box. What years were covered by both models? </div></div>

Hi Bob,

I was wondering when you were going to chime in on this thread. smile.gif The Series 9 was built from mid 1916-21, and the Series 10 went from mid 1921-25.

Guest roadtrip

I have a 1925 ser. 11 front axle if interested.

I was wondering if you could post some picts of the Car you wanted to build.

I would like to hold on to my steering box. I was told the Hot Rodders used them. I wonder what years were most desired????

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daredevilcustoms

Great, love to see how the bidding goes. Here in Northern Ohio, under a farm wagon is about your only chance of finding anything that hadn't already rusted back to where it came from.