Want a 1968 Buick Wildcat for my husband

• 3 weeks later...

if you would consider a coupe i know someone that has a 68 wildcat florida car with low miles. it is at least a #2 car. the owner is a service manager at a chev dealer. i will pass along the info if interested.<BR>george<BR>beenther1@msn.com

I'm going by memory, as I don't have a copy of Hemmings in front of me, but I seem to recall seeing an exceptionally nice sounding 68 Wildcat convertible. It was within the last month or so, and I remember it was white with a maroon or red interior. It caught my eye because it sounded extremely original and nice--although you never know until you view it.....<P>If you can't find it, let me know and I'll dig up my past issues. Or perhaps someone else has the info handy?<P>One last bit of advice that you've probably heard already: before buying anything, get it professionally appraised and don't buy it sight unseen! Even if it's a "surprise" for your husband, you may want to consider having him view it before consumating the deal. It takes some of the thunder out of the surprise, but may prevent some disappointment and heartburn later. If you hear of anything in the Detroit area, I'll be happy to give it a quick "once over" for you.<P>Good luck!<P>Greg

I was looking through the Buy and Sell ads<BR>and came across a '68 Buick Wildcat Conv.<BR>Red with black top I don't know where you are<BR>but it is in Dayton Ohio at Central Auto <BR>Network PH# (937)859-6226. They are asking<BR>$8900. <P><BR>

• 2 weeks later...

You'll definitely want to get it THOROUGHLY checked out for rust before buying it. My grandfather bought a '68 Wildcat 2 door hardtop when it was new. It still looked great in 1974, but by 1975, it was a heap of rust in the rear fenders. The trunk floor eventually rusted out causing the body to drop a few inches on one side. It was a fast car but eventually needed several hydraulic lifters replaced. Make sure it has a good exhaust system before buying it or you might miss the ticking sound of bad lifters! The heater/air conditioning controls are a pain to use. You might want to casually look at a '68 Buick at a show with your husband and see if he is that entralled with it. It's a nice looking convertible.