FREE Gaskets for DB-4 Radiator Caps

Guest oldodgeboys

Guest oldodgeboys

I have a fresh supply of gaskets/seals for DB-4 radiator caps. As a service to the Brothers, I’m passing them out to whoever wants one, for free.

Please send a Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope (SASE) and I will send you a gasket. We are also involved in a fund raiser for the Boy Scouts of America to send kids from Troop 1134 to the national Jamboree in July 2010. If you would like to make a contribution, it would be most appreciated. Don’t forget that the gaskets are free and a donation is not required.

The gasket fits perfectly on my ‘25 cast brass cap. It stays in place without adhesive and seals great. It should fit all DB-4 applications, but I’m not sure if it will work on a Fast-Four or 6. Even though the fit is good on my cap, make sure it works for your application. Caps can vary due to reproduction, replacements, manufacturing tolerances, etc.

As an additional note, If your radiator has not been sealed at the cap for a while, make sure the overflow tube is open and clear. If this tube is closed and you seal the cap, ugly things will happen.

Here are the gasket specs:

OD = 1.934”

ID = 1.737”

Height = 3/32”

Material = Buna-N

Durometer = Shore A: 70

Color = Black

Please send your SASE to:

Gus C.

8682 Hudson River Circle

Fountain Valley, CA

If you are making a BSA donation, there is currently no Jamboree account set up for the troop, but this will change in the near future. If you are sending a check, please leave the ‘pay to’ line blank at this time.

Need more info? oldodgeboys@yahoo.com

Gus