1950 Buick Super/parts

1950 Super 4 DR....two of almost every mechanical part(engine/ tranny/ brakes/ rims/ ect.)...project car, body pretty straight, engine out of car most every part (and then some) for restoration ..If I don't sell it soon I'll start parting it out...St.Louis area<P>

• 3 months later...

Tom H.<BR>I saw your response to an ad on the Buick buy/sell page and wanted to let you <BR>know I have a good platable upper grille bar for a 1950 Buick,,I also have <BR>some other parts that are possibly platable and some mechanical parts,,let me <BR>know what you are looking for.<BR>Bob Slagle<BR>Columbus ,Ohio slagler99@cs.com<BR>PS Also I tried your e-mail and it came back unknown

• 3 weeks later...

If you decide to part it out, I am looking for the hood emblem (oval disk/yellow & red) for a friend's birthday at the end of the month. Please email if that's a possibility. Am also trying to find out what other parts he needs. Thanks much.

be careful. the 50 buick did not have an oval logo on the hood. it was shaped like a shield. and was 2 parts, metal ring around the outside and plastic in the middle. make sure you know you have the right year of your friends car. (the 50 is easy to identify in stock form. the vertical grille teeth drop down over the bumper almost to the ground.)<P>allan

Thanks for the warning, Allan. I checked again. He has a 1951 Buick Super Special Deluxe. Parts needed: hood emblem insert, dome light cover, gear shift knob, license plate frame, jack. If these parts were also used on the 1950 model, I'd be interested. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

no prob. you have one issue, though. the 1951 buick special and the super were two different cars. you need to find out from your friend which one it is, cause the special used a smaller body that is basically an oldsmobile. the super and roadmaster used the buick body from 50 in 51. the special was the cheeper model, so its trim is often lower end.<P>the jack should be the same across the board.<P>allan

To Dc,,,the parts you have listed that you are looking for should make no difference between special ,super,and Roadmaster models,yes the Special was a cheaper model with a shorter wheelbase however most items from either will fit,,unless you start talking about trim or other parts where there are length differences,,the Special had a wheelbase that was 2" shorter than the Super model,,they were all still Buicks,,Shame on you kit for telling them their friend has an Olds!!!!