How much is it worth/want to sell 66 Olds Starfire

CJ66

All,

I have 66 Starfire that is restoration almost complete. I need to sell it because of health problems. Does anyone know what a fair price would be or would anyone like to buy it. I was thinking of asking $17000 but don't want to be unreasonable. Can someone help me out.

Here is the short list of the restoration.

Complete Engine Rebuild Nov 07

Flowmaster Exhaust Nov 07

Restoration body and Paint Feb 08

Interior Restoration Feb 08

I have included a couple of pics. Please e-mail and let me know if you are interested in more pics. cj_phillips1@hotmail.com

post-53441-143137995865_thumb.jpg

post-53441-143137995867_thumb.jpg

post-53441-14313799587_thumb.jpg

post-53441-143137995882_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update. I need to sell this car. Asking $15000. This is well below what NADA says the car is worth. This car is in awesome condition. Would not sell it if it was not for medical problems. For about $1000-$2000 you will have a show quality car. You will need to rechrome the bumpers $1000 and fix a couple of wiring problems $500. And it will be restoration complete.

Nice car but it is a basic GM 1966 2 door hardtop with bench seat interior and low options (no buckets/no console, no power windows, etc. Properly marketed I think you can get $10,000 to $12,000 but the market for your car is not as large as the muscle car crowd.

And the muscle car crowd for 1966 wasn't as much as 1968-72.

Get the car out there - ebay, Craigs List, etc - you need to find an Olds fan who wants to add your car to their collection.

As a 66 Sfire owner myself I would estimate 6500....car was not restored to original....engine color wrong, air cleaner wrong, interior was never 2 tone so thats wrong, you say bumpers need to be redone so thats a turnoff...If it were a 442 people would be beating the door down...just my opinion.

It's true about the engine chrome but I would not knock off for that IF, IF he kept the original parts. Engine color? That's a major issue because the motor would need pulled.