CRT Repair Success By the Numbers

Having Suffered with intermittant CRT for months, and reading all the posts, I thought A Step by Step success story was in order. NO I DID NOT FIX IT MYSELF - although I tried every home remedy suggested. The Key to my success was Rex Service company 7030 W. 111th St, Worth, IL 60482.<BR>#1 Take out CRT (make sure you have heat/radio/etc set as you want them because you will have no control while the CRT is out although all will work fine)<BR>#2 You will need your Model and Serial # There are two models, VI-5V1, and V134SE2. The cost of repair depends on the model. It will be either 76.50 or 80 somthing.<BR>#3 Call Rex at 708-448-5558. They will ask you to FAX your information to them, name address, phone, serial, and model #s. I was able to do it by email to Manager@rexservice.com and they called me back with a needed PO # for the work.<BR>#4 Package (well) the CRT and send to address above. I also included a copy of my email as a reference.<BR>#5 WAIT...about 10 days including express mail shipping.<BR>#6 They will call you and ask for a credit card number or method of payment, including shipping. My total was 79.54 including UPS ground.<BR>#7 WAIT...about 6 days or so.<BR>#8 Install CRT and enjoy.<BR>A painless and very satisfactory conclusion to months of frustration.