balancer-pulley problem

Hi

I have a 259 dodge/Plymouth V8 engine from 1955. Originally this engine does not have a balancer on the crank. Because the main reason these engines break down is due to a crack in the crank I sure want to have a balancer on it.

I bought a standard balancer, new modified 340-type damper with timing marks indexed every 90� for Hot Heads and OE pre-'57 timing covers . For street performance use from Hotheads. With this a V-belt pulley. Now I'm to the point of putting it together I discovered the pulley in 1 inch short in hight. So the crank V-belt pulley does not align with the waterpump pulley.

According to Hotheads the only solution in to mount a '57/'58 mopar crank pulley on this damper. This should bring the crank pulley in alignment with the waterpump pulley.

Dimensions of the balancer:

-) 6 bolts, equally placed at 60 degrees at a pitch circle of 71.2mm = 2 4/5 in.

-) bolt diameter: 6 bolts of 7.84 mm = 0.3 inch

-) flange on the balancer where the pulley goes over: 57.15mm = 2 1/4 inch

-) Pulley hight from balancer to the front edge of the belt (including the thickness of the belt: 47mm =1.85 inch

-)Total hight of the pulley = 56mm including the flange for the timing marking.

-) Pulley diameter now used: 7 1/2 inch. I think this is very big. Do not know if it is ever used again. So if a smaller pulley diameter is available it should do with an other V-belt.

Question: Does anyone know what car(s) had a pulley that could fit my engine.