1928 dodge standard six

Guest ella29

211380 and or 519407,-PUROLATOR- are the part # I have in my parts book although if I really took the time to investigate I may find a different more accurate # and picture, either way the original filters are very hard to find and I would say impossible ( although nothing is impossible I guess ) to find in unused condition so most people update theirs with a wix filter #51035 which I guess now is also discontinued but show up every once in a while on e-bay. Depends on how original you want to go at this point, it would be fairly easy to find a compatable oil filter and plumb it in. I myself split the originals open and place a modern filter inside the shell so that from the outside it looks original. Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hi- this is my first evening on the site. Just "barn-found" a 1928 DB Standard 6, complete, 21,847 miles. For an oil filter, I used the Wix #57111 that is about $40. By soldering on a small cup freeze plug, tapped for 1/8" pipe, onto each end, the filter then looks very nearly stock. The Roberts Motor Parts catalog (1-800-231-3180) shows item T45 @$45 that looks like the stock one on my DB. I have it on order and haven't seen it yet.

• 1 month later...

Adding to the above, the Roberts T45 filter matched the existing filter (installed when the car was servuced just before parking it in 1952) very well, but it is without the orange oval Purolator sticker seen faintly on the existing one. The filter is mounted vertically. Sticker is so bad that I can not provide a photo. Have not needed to install my modified WIX filter.

Need info on a tank mounted gas guage, missing on this car, and want to buy a replacement window crank.

Guest backyardmachinc

romar has replacement window crank for the standard 6 made from brass /nickel plated.Give them a call toll free at

888-827-7601 also thay are now accepting visa,mc.@discover cards.