F/S on Ebay: Prewar racecar or plane gradient meter from Duesy

georgealbrightg

Up for sale on Ebay by me is a very rare and valuable French gradient meter, which originally came out of a pre-1930 racecar or air plane. A gradient meter gives the degrees a car or plane is leaning to either side. I am finishing my restoration of a Duesenberg Judkins Limo. About a year ago I bought a Duesenberg dash assembly with most of the gauges intact from a man in France. The gradient meter was in the dash in place of the Duesenberg chronometer.(see enclosed photos of the Duesenberg dash with the instrument still in it). The dash is from one of the dozen or so '"lost" Duesenbergs that dissappeared in Europe during and after World War Two. The owner of the dash informed me his father obtained the dash from a Duesenberg that was being dismantled around 1960 on the French-Spanish border at a junkyard. Duesenberg Expert Randy Ema informed me the dash is out of an early 1929 Duesy, and is probably from one of the lost Fernandez and Darin or Hibbard and Darin Duesenbergs bodied in France. Several cars and / or chassis were known to have been raced, and this gradient meter may have been installed for racing purposes on mountain roads, steep banks on tracks, etc.Thus it can be used as a superb accessory in the dash of your pre war car, racer, airplane, etc.I am selling it because it is not factory equipment of a Duesenberg. However it is a super neat piece that works perfect,as the photos show. I believe the wires in the back are for lighting purposes only,as the gauge works by merely leaning it to one side or the other. Shipping is a flat $20.00 for the lower 48 states. Overseas shipping and insurance,actual costs. Can pay by money order or paypal. Any questions email me at gnalbright@gmail.com Good Luck! George Albright,Ocala,Florida