Gas Leak

PlymouthMass

I am a recent owner of a 1990 Reatta. I put a full tank of gas in, it may have been sometime since this was done. I started smelling gas and noticed a small leak from the filler neck area. I found a local Buick/GM dealer that replaced the filler neck and rubber hose connection to the tank at a price of $611. They said the filler pipe was corroded and was a special order part. Has anyone else has a similar experience. Does the price sound right? It was about half labor half parts.It sounds like alot of money but a gas leak is a serious matter.

Guest Bob from Ga.

Most all of the parts for the Reatta are going to be special order! However, there is a network of sources through this website and some others that can point you in the direction of parts. A gas leak is serious but, I think you might have been taken for a ride. Sorry but, I always comparison shop for parts and the labor as well, if it's something that I can't do or can't find the instructions for. This site is an excellent source for finding out how to fix and where to find the parts, at a reasonable price.