tail lights remain on

Sporadically, my tail lights remain on when I turn off the ignition on my 90 Reatta. The only way to get them to go out is to remove the parking light fuse. Sometimes the lights come on when the fuse is inserted and sometimes they stay out. Any suggestions for finding the problem and correcting it?

Ronvb -<P>No. The third or high brake light is not on. Only the tail lights. In fact, when the tail lights are on, the brake lights don't work.

cjdonches,<BR>What fuse are you pulling-the parklight fuse?<BR>When tailights are stuck on -are the front parklights on also?<BR>Next time try to jiggle parklight switch in headlight switch module and see if it will shut them off?<BR>I suspect headlight switch module but not positive. just my 2 cents.<BR>ronvb

ronvb - <P>I am removing the parking light fuse - #10.<BR>The front lights are not on when the back lights are on. Turning the parking lights on and off has no effect on the rear lights.

cjdonches,<BR>It sounds like a dead short somewhere either in headlight switch or wires running back to rear lights. Shop manual diagrams show a tailight relay for Riviera--not too sure if applies to Reatta-possibility? If not may want to check or test wiring on back ,possibly piched wire or corroded wire due to wet conditions-under carpet on thru trunk. Good luck.<BR>ronvb