Other Modified or Customized Reattas? (PURPLE ones with GOLD Wheels need not apply!)

Just wondering if anyone else out there in Reatta land has done anything to their cars.<P>I show my Reatta in both traditional and stereo car shows an a regular basis. Here is a basic rundown of what I have done to my Firemist Blue '89 Sunroof Coupe.<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI> K&N Cold Air intake<BR><LI> Removed the Cat. Converter<BR><LI> Installed ECU performance chip and thermostat from Fastchips<BR><LI> Custom Cat-back exhaust with Borla muffler<BR><LI> B&M Transmission shift improver<BR><LI> Extensive high-end competition stereo system<BR><LI> Various under-hood details and cosmetic engine jewelery, including blue neon accent lighting and steel braided hoses (I WOULD eat off my engine).<BR></UL> <P>Until last month this car served both show and daily driving duty. My new daily driver is a new Acura 3.2CL Type S(great car, just not much SOUL)<P>If anyone has any specific questions about anything, feel free to ask.<P><BR>------------------<BR>"The day we stop looking is the day we die" "Some of us live our lives in just one minute" Al Pacino in "Scent of a Woman"<p>[This message has been edited by Reatt VT (edited 09-22-2000).]

What silverware goes with an engine motif?<P>But seriously, what are the pros and cons of the performance mods you've performed, particularly the chip and the K&N cold air intake. Where did you get them, what are the part #s, how much, how long did it take,...?<P>I think the Reatta wheels along pretty well once underway, but the brakes could bring it down better. Have you done any work on them?<P>Got pics?

on the COld air intake you can get a denser air mixture in the engine which allows makes the ening need more fuel and results in A. more HP and torque and B poorer fuel economy (your using more fuel). The chip changes some of the base settings in the engine controls to give more advantagous power ranges better shift points among other things. <P> Personally I would go with a cold air intake. ported and polished manifolds, heads and gaskets, a new cam to give more lift and duration, possibly boreing out the cyulinders and using oversized pistons. On the tranny I would swap out the stock converter and put one in with a high stall speed (this allows the engine to rev up high before the converter locks up thus getting you closer to the power band of the engine, which I beleive is about 3K) opeing up the holes inside the valve body (this one is kind of dangerous to do if you don't know what your doing). This is mostly basic street rooding techniques with some tranny work thrown in.<P> I haven't done any of this yet due to the fact that I am a former Reatta owner. I plan to own one again sometime but, right now I really don't need 7 vehicles with a only two car grage. <P>On some of these mods you could tale to 2seater. he has done some of them to a spare engine he aquired.<BR> <BR>Matt Wolfe<P>------------------<BR>If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

oh yeah I for got to add I would wait until all the above is done before puting the chip in and have a cutom program done. by opening everything up you would chage the amount of air coming into the engine and this would trow off the stock aftermaket chip program. just have the chip maker put the car on the dyno and program it from the actual cars numbers. I think superchips does custom chip for a little more than the stock offerings.<P>Matt Wolfe

I sure would like to know what bolt ons are available for the 3800.I have looked for years and no one seems interested in performance parts, particularly the cam. If there is any info. out there, I would be very interested.<P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com