AC Problems

Guest jim_houston

Guest jim_houston

When I started my car this morning, no fan on my AC. I checked all of the fuses, they appear to be fine. I've tried increasing and decreasing the temperature values on the climate control system. I've tried defrost, ECON, A/C, and heat with no luck.<BR>What am I looking at? (Maybe I don't want to hear the answer to that question!). Any help you resourceful guys/gals can offer is greatly appreciated - you really can't go for long without AC here in hot Charleston, SC. Thanks a million.<BR>Jim Houston

Guest jim_houston

After reviewing the archives (FAQ) on this topic, I see Dale posted something back in August 1999 which suggested that he took the fan assembly apart, cleaned it, and after putting it all back together it worked fine.<BR>Maybe this is what I'll be in for. Any other suggestions are heartily welcomed!<BR>Thanks!<BR>Jim Houston<BR>Charleston, SC

Guest jim_houston

Just in case anybody cares (probably not since it was after all, *my* problem) it turns out that my BLOWER MOTOR MODULE failed. I troubleshooted it down to that component after the tips sent in my members of this discussion. The fuses were good, the relay switches were good, the blower motor itself was good. That diagnosis took me about an hour or so. I had no other thing to check but the module, so I pulled it and went to the local dealer. He told me that 9 times out of ten, when the blower fails, it's that (the module). I replaced it in about ten minutes and had AC on my drive in this AM!!<BR>Later,<BR>Jim Houston<BR>Charleston, SC