ECM

Guest Brad Gales

It's possible that the part number for an 88 crosses to another model, but you wouldn't want to just plug in any ECM. Also, you have to remember to remove the "eprom" chip from your ECM and use it in the new one. I just purchased a remanufactured AC Delco ECM from Carparts.com for $160 with exchange. My local dealer wanted $225. You may also want to check Partsgm.com, which is a GM dealership in Ohio that has always given me great prices on GM parts.

My local Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts store has a ECM for my 89 for $93.00 US. It's a rebuilt unit with a 100% tested guarantee. It's rebuilt in Canada.

Thanks for the suggestions. After thinking long & hard about it, we purchased a new one. The Buick dealership we bought the car from (used) gives us parts at wholesale prices. I hope this cures my problem...

Now I'm sooooo confused. I think what I had replaced was the ICM not ECM. Whatever it was, it was connected to the coil pack. Atleast I have this useful info incase the ECm ever goes. Thanks Again.