dull finish

Does anyone know how to get that strip of silver on the rear bumper looking new again? It looks very cloudy, and I've tried many different metal polishes and stuff, but I guess it's aluminum or something. Can anyone help?<BR>Thanks!

I've got the same problem, except mine is bumper to bumper. My car is black and every swirll mark, scratch, and ounce of oxidation stands out like a turd in a punch bowl!<P>My rims, tailight cover, and bumper are all dull and look about as tempting as day old beer! I allmost feel like someone trying to restore an old car!<P>I saw a 1970 Pontiac GTO not long ago, (Which was also black) and the damn thing looked newer and better than my car!<P>I can't help you much on the bumper, but if your talking wax, nothing I've tried is better than Zymol! I've tried them all from Armor All, Turtle Wax, McGuires, Mothers Gold you name it.<P>My Dad bought a can of this Zymol (At a whopping $40.00!) and gave it to me to try. Just to show you how different it is, you have to refrigerate it after opening!<P>I did bring out some luster in my 10yr. old finish. But everything that's silver on my car? Lost cause. <P>Good Luck