Is price right for '89 Reatta

I was just wondering...A local car dealer has a red '89 Reatta in excellent condition (54,000 mi.) for $10,995. That sounds awful high to me. What would be a fair price for an example like this?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drhulvey:<BR><B>I was just wondering...A local car dealer has a red '89 Reatta in excellent condition (54,000 mi.) for $10,995. That sounds awful high to me. What would be a fair price for an example like this?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I purchased a 89 reatta with 52000 miles about one month ago for 6700.00 from a dealer. i went to kbb.com and gave the dealer a print out of their estimated retail value of 6700.00 . they were asking 8995.00 but took my offer.<P>

Its a bit high, based on Kelly Blue Book. Retail value depends on location, but should vary from ~$7K-$7.5K, + value of how much you want it!!

You will always pay more at a dealer than from a private party. You can negotiate and get the price down somewhat, but you'll still almost always pay more. But if the dealer offers some kind of warranty, then it might be worth the extra $$.