1926 dodge brothers 4 door tourer

Guest leadfoot

Guest leadfoot

Before looking for major water pump repairs/replacement take a look at the condition of the shaft packing at both ends. Back off the big flat nuts on either end and fish out anything inside. Replace the packing with fresh material by winding it around the shaft and packing it.<P>Packing material can be from any of several sources. Make sure that the shaft nuts are tight and that the water pump has been properly lubed. Water pump packing can come from Ford Model T, A or V-8 parts vendors. Look in Hemmings.<P>If the shaft is scored, I would have a machine shop make another one from stainless steel stock.<P>Sources that may have door handles and more for your cars:<P>Vern Barker's Romar, Titusville, PA<BR>814.827.7601 8am-10pm ET M-F<BR>e-mail: romar@mail.usachoice.net<P>Roy Brister's Dodge Parts, Sacramento, CA<BR>916.973.9778 best time evenings PT<BR>e-mail: screenside@aol.com<P>Carson's Antique Auto Parts, Holliston, MA<BR>508.429.2260, fax: 508.429.0761<BR>e-mail: w1066@gis.net<P>Gene M. Sanson<BR>26 Sherman Place<BR>Clifton, NJ 07011<BR>973.478.8958 - days only<P>Andy Bernbaum Auto Parts, Newton, MA<BR>Phones - 800.457.1250 and 617.244.1118<BR>Click on: <A HREF="http://www.oldmoparts.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.oldmoparts.com/</A> <P>By the way, do you know Greg Lawson - another DBer in the UK?

hi list,<BR> I own 2 1926 db tourers { one for the past 10 years}. I have not realy needed any parts before and was hoping someone on the list can help me locate some. my water pump seems to be leaking at the shaft and was hoping there is a kit with new seals , also some new door handles.<BR>by the way i am in london uk<BR>thanks for help stuart