1929 pontiac window regulator

Guest trdatisola

Guest trdatisola

I am having problem with drivers side window regulator. Window will raise and lower fine. But will not remain in raised position . vibrations or finger pressure wil cause to lower. Can the regulator spring be adjusted or must I replace entire regulator?

Thanks for any help

It is possibly not the regulator entirely.  Possibly your windows are loose.  New channel on all three sides will likely fix your problem..  It is possible the spring is weak.  You can substitute almost any window regulator spring from any gm up into the 60's.  If you go to a wrecking yard get a couple because one might be too strong.  Use a good pair of vise grips and a pair of gloves when changing.  I had to change the one on my drivers door as that is the one that gets the most use on my car.  Not really any point in looking for a correct 29 Pontiac one as they are wound only in two different ways and by looking at them you can get pretty close to the same strength. 

Guest trdatisola

thanks Tinindian.Since I am restoring this car , at the present time there is no window channel. I will install channel and revaluate this problem then.

Thanks again