PARTS WANTED

HI I AM LOOKING FOR INFO AND PARTS FOR A 1924 SPECIAL LIGHT SIX I HAVE JUST BOUGHT. IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE EMAIL ME. <BR>ALSO WHAT COLOUR WAS THE PAINT WORK AND INTERIOR ??????

Greg,<BR>Which model do you have, a Special 6 or a Light 6? It makes a big difference when it comes to parts, I may have some but need to know what model. Do you know what the frame plate numbers are? Any info to identify the model will help.

Greg,<BR>Your right, according to the chassis number you have a '24 EL (Special 6) the engine number you gave is probably a casting number. The engine number is usually stamped into a flat rectangular area and starts with EL-#######. If the car is open, it usually had black leather interior. Closed was most likely Mohair. I believe the colors were limited in those years to a few basic ones, black, dark blue, green and maroon, but I'm not positive. I would have to research more to find the colors. If you are not already a member, I would highly recommend you join the Antique Studebaker Club, information can be obtained at <A HREF="http://www.antiquestudebakerclub.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.antiquestudebakerclub.com</A> and if you live in Northern Calif., join their Chapter. Also you may want to contact Rick Petersen, he has a '24 Special 6 and may have some parts or know of someone who can help. His e-mail is located under the chapter officers on the web site, and can also be found on the "web visitors" page. Hope this helps out some, also, anything specific you need for your car? What condition is it in? A basket case? or original and complete minus a few odds and ends?

thanks for the reply. i live in the uk (england) and this if a car that i have justimported from the USA the car is solid and requires only a re paint(it is in primer) and also a re trim (interior) apart from that is ok (missing 10" head light reflectors and glasses) i hope to have the car done in about 6 weeks !!!!! just finishing a 1936 rolls royce at the moment