Holley 4160 Carb LIST 6160-1

Guest hipcheck22

Guest hipcheck22

Hello Mopar Fanatics,

First, I have to be honest, I am the proud owner of 1965 Ford Mustang and I've only had Fords throughout my short life starting with a 1970 Galaxie 500, 1932 Roadster, 1963 Continental and now the '65 Mustang. I really like the Mopars and bought my dad a 1947 WD-15 Pickup for fathers day a few years back. We're working on it now.

Anyway, I've been wanting to add a 4-barrel carb to the Mustang and a friend gave me a model 4160 Holley that he had lying around. I was pretty excited and then I noticed it had these odd holes in the primary throttle plates. A little research later and I found it was a carb built for Chrysler by Holley and is stamped "LIST 6160-1". It is nigh impossible to find rebuild kits for this carb through Holley. This was apparently for the 1972 Imperials with the 440. While I would love to throw it on the Mustang, my love of cars and understanding of what it takes to restore them compelled me to visit the Chrysler/Mopar forums to see if any of you Mopar folks would be interested in purchasing it for a stock restoration. I've rebuilt just about every type of carburetor and know my away around venturies, boosters, and accelerator pumps. This carb appears to be in very good shape and I have a rebuild kit that I am going to install this weekend. Every linkage moves freely and all the bolts/screws and parts appear to be intact. I found a choke pull off that I will install as soon as it comes in the mail and then it will be complete. It's too nice not to get it to a restorer and I'm sure it is not a very plentiful part some 38 years later.

I really just want a Holley 600 cfm or Edelbrock 500 cfm to replace my non-performance oriented 2 barrel carb. Please let me know if any of you would be interested in purchasing it. Make an offer that I can't refuse. You can call me at 239-872-2380 or email at hipcheck22@comcast.net. I'll ship wherever as long as you pay for the shipping.

Thanks,

Tom McLean

Fort Myers Florida.