1989 Blue Coupe for Sale, NC

noliberalbull

Year: 1989

Coupe

Mileage: ~317000

Had to have the dashboard replaced a few years ago, they used the last oil change record to place the miles, so it is within 3000 miles of correct.

Title: Clear

Any Accident History? (Y/N) None

Asking Price: $2000 negotiable

Willing to take trade (Y/N) No

Exterior Color: Blue (navy/dark)

Interior Color: Blue

Paint Original? (Y/N) Yes

Paint Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Good-Fair, some fade, no chips

Belt & Bumper Molding Color: (Black/Body Color) Chrome top, Black sides

Body Dents: (Y/N) No

Body Rust: (Y/N) No

Windshield Chipped or Cracked? (Y/N) A couple of VERY tiny chips that have been in it for at least 4-5 years now with no sign of spreading

Vent Glass Intact? (Y/N)

If N please describe which one is damaged and how damaged.

Rubber surround molding for windshield condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Good

(Coupe only) Rubber surround molding for rear window condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Good

Out Side Mirrors Intact? Yes

Headlight Motors Function Correctly? Passenger side will not go down, but I believe the motor is fine. I think the problem is going to be with the arm/joint that ties the motor to the light

Tail Light Lens: (Clear/Cloudy/Cracked) Cloudy

Interior Original? (Y/N) Yes

16 Way Seats? Yes

Works? Yes

Seat Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Driver side fair, passenger good

Drivers interior door panel condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Fair. Speaker cover roughed up a bit, one cracked area just under the window from resting my elbow on it

Passengers interior door panel condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Fair, better visual condition than driver, but was taken off to work on window and needs to be reworked

Center console top armrest condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Excellent, had it redone a few years ago.

Door weather stripping condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Good

Headliner Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Fair - starting to rip on driver side where it meets the door

Carpet Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Fair-Good. Some discoloration, but almost no wear

Original Floor Mats: (Y/N) Driver side, yes

Floor Mat Condition: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Fair. One side is worn. Decal came off both side, but I still have them

Condition of Steering Wheel Leather:(Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Poor, is almost completely rubbed off at about the 11 o'clock position. Have had it covered for about a year now

Sun Roof? (Y/N) No

Functional Keyless Entry? (Y/N) Kind of. I have them. They work. They're both missing the back that holds the battery on, so I never use them.

Problems with Electronic Dash items? (Y/N) If you mean the computer than No. The rest of the dash is fine except the cruise control doesn't work

Power Windows Work Correctly? (Y/N) Driver yes, passenger no

Power Door Locks Work Correctly? (Y/N) Yes; but the plastic cover on the interior driver side broke and needs replaced.

Power Antenna Work Correctly? (Y/N) No, recently stopped working

Original Sound System? (Y/N) Replaced the rear speakers

Sound System Fully Functional? (Y/N) No

If N what are the problems: Tape player doesn't function. There is also sometimes a whining sound that corresponds with the cars acceleration. On the plus side (maybe), I disconnected the tape player and hard wired an input in it's place. Just push play on the computer and plug your mp3 player into it. Could easily be reversed if desired.

Aftermarket Sound System Equipment? (Y/N) See above

A/C Functional? (Y/N) Yes

Has the A/C been converted from R12 to R134A? (Y/N) No, but it does currently have a product called Freeze-12 in it rather than R12. I have some extra that can go with the car.

Does the suspension require any attention? (Y/N) Probably, ride is rougher than it ought to be.

Tire Brand: Front: Douglass Rear: Goodyear

Remaining Tread: Front: decent Rear: new this summer

Are All Tires Matched? (Y/N) No

Factory Wheels? (Y/N) Yes

Factory Wheel Center Caps Condition: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Good

Any Brake Components Replaced? (Y/N) Replaced the unit that builds pressure (can't remember what it's called), among a few other parts. I put a lot of money trying to fix a problem with the brakes last spring. The anti-lock system still doesn't work, and I'm told the lines running to the rear passenger caliper are leaking.

If Y describe the part(s) replaced and when? Spring '07

Last Time Brake System Was Flushed? Unknown, but probably when I had all that work done a year ago.

Original Engine? (Y/N) Yes

Original Engine Rebuilt? (Y/N) Yes

If Y when and how many miles ago? Full rebuild approx 160k ago. 2 cylinders gone through approx 40k ago.

Does Engine require attention? (Y/N) No

When was last tune up? Replaced battery in June, plugs and wires in July, air filter July.

Does the engine, cooling system, power steering, or brake system leak any fluids? (Y/N) Power Steering & Brake

If Y describe in detail what is leaking, to what extent.

Both appear to be slow leaks. Power steering I have to top off maybe once a month. Brakes I have only been told have a leak somewhere in the lines running to the rear.

How often do you change the oil? 3000mi

Original Transmission? (Y/N) No

If N when replaced and how many miles on replacement? Approx 130,000

Does Transmission require attention? (Y/N) No

When was last Transmission Service? Flushed I think in April(ish)

Any Transmission Leaks? (Y/N) No

Have CV joints been replaced? (Y/N) No

I have (all/most/some/no) receipts for this vehicle's service history. Some for the last 7 years and 180,000

Does the car have the owners manual portfolio? Yes

Tire gauge (Y/N) Sure, I'll throw one in

Flashlight (Y/N) No

Buick Road Atlas (Y/N) No

In General, What items need attention?

The emergency brake/rear brake system needs the most immediate attention. The car brakes fine, but the E-brake doesn't work and it thereby won't pass inspection. Mechanic has told me to fix the emergency brake will require almost completely redoing the rear system; lines, calipers, etc. There is also the power steering leak, but that is more of a nuisance than a problem to me. Other than than that it is mostly cosmetic, and mostly interior at that. The passenger headlight, the headliner, the passenger door panel/window, and the steering wheel. Also, the 'I' in BUICK across the back was stolen a couple years ago, and there is something slightly awry with the trunk latch motor/electronics. It opens, but if you leave the key turned, it will continue opening and closing every couple seconds.

My Reatta Drives: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Good

We are the 2nd owner of this Reatta. (I think, may have to ask my dad about that)

We have owned this Reatta for about 7 Years. (Once again, I think)

The car is high miles, but still runs well for something almost 20 years old with 300k on it. It will obviously need some TLC to fully restore it, but you and I know how rare these cars are, especially one that has never been in an accident. I'll be moving soon, and if I don't get it sold before I leave I will leave it to my father, Randy, to sell. In the mean time, contact me (Gabriel) or Randy at 919.577.9040 between 3 & 8pm Eastern or email me at

gabrieljordan@gmail.com

Note: Several pics can be seen at my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gabrieljordan/sets/72157607002333903/