1933 Dodge HC commercial sedan

Guest 33chrysler

Guest 33chrysler

Just picked up a sedan delivery out of a junkyard in Montana. I came across an interesting firewall tag. I assume the engine was rebuilt and the vehicle was used for the war effort but I have never seen a tag like this. The junk yard owner had it in his possession for 34 years. He found it lying on its side on a farm, the original chassis gone used as a tractor I assume. Anyone else seen a tag like this?

th_DSCF19191_zpsg48wj1qr.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest DodgeKCL

It must of been a common practice back then. My '35 KCL van came with one made of brass from COMET ENGINE REBUILDERS of Toronto. Like yours it lists the various bearings and the cylinder bore and their overbore or under cut. No date but because I know it left the ownership of the original owners some time after WWII, I assume the rebuild was done when it reached private hands. The company that had it custom built in Oct '35 had their own shop on Hater St. in Toronto so I would think any rebuilds necessary would have been done in house the tag then having been attached after it left T. Eaton's Co. ownership. COMET does not seem to exist anymore. Eatons also bit the dust in 1999.  (Sorry ,brain fart,left out 'not')

Edited by DodgeKCL (see edit history)