1942 Cadillac Model 63 (6- Window) 4- Door Sedan PARTS CAR

Guest bnj

This car came to me from Mount Vernon, Illinois, soon after I bought my 1942 Fleetwood from

our good friend Bill Ritchey, of Bedford, Indiana. A friend from California just HAD to have the Fleet-

wood, and traveled all the way to our Auction at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners to buy

it. Hence, we no longer needed, nor now need, the Model 63.

History tells us that Cadillac ceased auto production in February of 1942 because the hardy

V-8 was chosen to power the Sherman tank; in fact, 2 such engines were installed, lest one have

problems. That decision was brilliant---it had much to do with the Allied victory!

Some people like to buy a car and restore it because it was born when they were. That's

why I purchased the Fleetwood! And parts are quite difficult to find for 1942. If one has a special

affection for 1942, this one could supply your desire for parts. A Herculean outlay could bring this

car back, but be aware of that. THE CAR IS SITTING ON 15" TIRES AND WHEELS (probably from

a 1956 Cadillac), and can be rolled about easily enough.

The engine does not appear to be stuck, though no vigorous attempt has been made to

prove that. The bumpers are tough to find, but are there, and could be restored.

ASKING: $9,950. good U.S. Funds. CLEAN, CLEAR INDIANA TITLE.

Call: 812-333-4143 or 812-391-9430. THANK YOU!