Mopar transmission

Guest dbnz

• 6 months later...
Guest Camperch

I have been seraching for the same ansewer. Mine is in a 1958 Dodge D100, the way this shifts is different from other manual 3 speeds I researched. Have you gotten an I.D yet.

Thanks

Matt

Guest CutNChop

This is a 3 speed manual behind a Fluid Drive on a 1949 Chrysler Royal. Looks the same except for the electrical connection.

Try P15-D24.com forum to look up the part number.

Trans_BellhousingDrSide.jpg

Trans_BellhousingDrSide-1.jpg

Guest Camperch

Thanks for the info and photo, this will lead me down a new path. This might explain why the shift pattern is different. After I saw your post, I checked out the Hy-Drive which locks out 1st gear (or uses it for emergency) and the gearshift is pulled toward the drive to engage reverse. Thanks again

Guest CutNChop

If you don't have a first gear, you likely have an M6 semi automatic and not the above pictured regular 3 speed transmission.

This is what an M6 looks like:

M6PassengerSide.jpg

From the inside of the car there will be a couple of inspection holes on the transmission hump and this is what you'll see if it's an M6:

M6AccessHoles-1.jpg

Guest Camperch

Found out what tranmission I have, and it may help others. It's a New Process 3 speed synchro Model PCJ. I hate to say where I found the info, but i'll give hint. It was on the drivers side door frame. I never thought to check the plate thinking it would not list the tranny info directly.

dbnz to me it looks like you have a standard trans that fitted most export model, chrysler dodge, plymouth , and desoto,s with the standard 3 speed shift from about 1952-57,they are all interchangable , although the interior workings are slightly different.i have 5 of them all out of different years , but they will all interchange one way to tell if it came out of a fluid drive is measure the input shaft, i dont know the measurements for fluid drive , which had a longer input shaft , but for the standard trans , it is 8 1/2" from the front of the shaft to the trans casing