Help! Where do I find oil for my fluid drive tranny>?

Tell me where I can get 10w oil for my fluid torque drive transmission. The only stuff I've found ships in 5gallon drums out of Las Vegas for 100 bucks, and I live in San Diego, so I'd really rather find somethingn closer. And if you know how to change the oil in the tranny, please explain.

Guest imported_BaronvonR

Hi

I purchased a case of quarts from my local NAPA dealer for around $2 a quart. They special order it from a company in North Carolina. Because you are in a hotter climate you may find that the 30W oil works well in the transmission. There are those who say that Dextron works in the torque converter but I run 10W in both of my cars. The oil is manufactured by the Warren Oil Co. Hope this helps.

As to changing the oil in the tranny there is a drain plug on the side. If you mean the oil in the Fluid Torque, you have to lift up the front carpet on the passenger side and there is a panel on the trans hump you remove to see the top of the trans and one for the solenoid. Remove the higher cover. You have to rotate the converter until the fill plug is straight up, remove the plug (be very careful not to drop plug, it is a PAIN to get back) and turn until it faces directly down, and let it drain. It is kind of messy so be sure you have a large enough basin to catch the oil. Once drained, rotate back to the top and fill completely...until oil runs out.