Need a Service Manual

Try here.h<P><BR>ttp://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=&Mfg=GMC&Make=BUI&Model=REAT&Year=&Category=1&Keyword=&mscsid=XMVD94G8M8QW8N68LHFW7HSJ8X0044GB

Do a search on "service manuals" and put my number (19) at the bottom of the search where it ask for author. The date is 1999<BR>It is an old post that I update but the original date remains the same.<P>It has the names and phone numbers of several sources.<P>I have the following for sale......<BR>1988 Final Edition = $65.00<BR>1988 New product information =$15.00<BR>1989 New product information =$15.00<BR>1990 Regular Edition = $70.00<BR>1990 New product information =$15.00<BR>all are plus shipping<P>[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Barney Eaton ]<p>[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Barney Eaton ]

I bit the bullet and bought a 90 manual from Helm. It's loose leaf and came with a nice binder, once in the binder it measured maybe a sixteenth shy of 5 inches thick. So tonyl, expect a right heavy package. I recieved mine in just a couple of days. Anyone out there have knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, I would love to turn this behemouth into a pdf file on a cd but see scanning that much material as a task for superman.

Try looking at Hemming.com for their on-line stores. I ordered a new 90 Reatta service manual this moring for $89.95 plus shipping ($6.00~) They confirmed the order, but I don't have it yet either. Hemmings is linked to Books 4 Cars.com (Possible for a direct hit, too.)

A genuine FSM is the best automotive investment you can make. Besides giving you the confidence to repair things yourself, it makes interesting reading and is loaded with facts you can amaze and confound your friends with.

Helm is the supplier of new GM manuals. They recently raised the price of the 1990 to $120 because they went into a new printing (probably because of us Reatta collectors) I was not aware that the new printing is loose leaf. There are some advantages to that(easier to copy)<P>Again I will mention there were three versions of each year manual. The Reatta shared the manual with the Riviera.<P>*New product manual (in red) only contained information NEW for that year about one inch thick....better than nothing.<BR>*Regular service manual ,Reatta/Riviera<BR>this is a complete, manual about 2.5 thick.<BR>*Final Edition (in red) this is the last printing, may or may not contain more information than the regular edition.

• 2 weeks later...

Books4cars.com sent me an email saying that the 90 manual that they have is a "preliminary" manual for $89.95 plus shipping. Is this the same as the "regular" manual or something less?