Reattas at MIS Aug 11 2007

Jim

I just received an email from Ron and April Gill telling me there will be another chance for Reatta owners to drive their cars around the Michigan International Speedway on August 11th this year.

Last weekend many of us had the privilege of making 5-6 laps around the track at up to a maximum speed of 70 MPH and anyone who did not get to do so will get the opportunity this August.

It will be limited to 22 cars and 4 spots are already taken leaving 18. Those of us who were there this weekend are not eligible for the second trip.

This is not a BCA or Reatta division event, as was the last one, but open to anyone owning a Reatta.

If you want to get on the list no matter if you are in Michigan, Seattle or Miami, send an email to April and Ron at WWDHMS@aol.com

There was another post about this subject on the discussion site this morning but for some reason has been removed. For those who did see it and might have felt left out let me explain.

The original intention was for it to be a local event for Michigan Reatta owners wether or not they belonged to the Reatta division. The event was limited to 22 cars and was never nationally publicized because of the limit on the cars and April and Ron never imagined kooks like me would even consider driving any distance for a couple of laps around a race track. Being friends with the Gills I heard about it last winter and asked to be invited. Two others from outside of Michigan, friends of mine, also asked to be invited and we actually had to wait a bit to see if there would be openings. There were a total of 4 out of state cars there. Talking to April about 3 weeks ago she mentioned she had a spot open and if I knew anyone who might want to be included. I, like her, thought that no one would want to come from very far away but I suggested she contact Randy as he is very enthusiastic about promoting Reattas and the Reatta division.

I had a terrific experience and I suggest anyone interested in driving around a Nascar track should contact the Gills.

I would also suggest if you do want to go, post it here, and that will bring this post to the top again for others to see and maybe want to participate.