Inside Door Parts

Richard S

Wufibug,<BR>If you are referring to the door nylon/plastic fasteners- you should be able to take one out and match it up at any auto body shop supply house or possibly Pep Boy's auto store(HELP item). Worse scenario Buick may still have them too.It is possible that GM used that fastener for many other models made.<BR>ronvb smile.gif" border="0

Just thought I would let you know that I checked with Buick and they are discontinued. I will try to see if something workable is available through a vendor that manufactures plastic brackets and such, but I am not terribly hopeful. Anyone with a door panel that is damaged, but has the plastic parts intact, please contact me.

By the way, does anyone know what kind of glue the general used to glue the brackets on. It's the color of tree sap, but seems to have dried hard plastic. I take it the reason they use a large liquid puddle of this stuff is to distribute the pressure on the bracket over a wider area of the door panel.

A final note. Contacted Dal Slabaugh who was nice enough to do some research. He found a dealer who has 4 of the now discontinued metal brackets, but it appears the plastic ones are long gone. You should note that each of the three plastic brackets is a different height, so there would be three part numbers. After looking at the microfiche for several minutes, I cannot tell what part number any of them would be. I managed to reconstruct two of them, but I only have 1/2 of the shortest one [would be the one in front of the door speaker] If anyone has even a broken one, I WILL PAY FOR IT.<p>[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: wufibug ]

Don't know what glue the General used but ... Home Depot's PL Premium Polyurethane construction adhesive in caulking tubes sticks like glue (sorry). This is one of the strongest most durable glues you can think of. Use rubber gloves (Doctor bendova's are best) as it is very difficult to wash off even with solvents.<P>You are lucky to be in CA, major snowstorm here, baby still in garage for at least several more weeks. It will depend on the groundhog today shocked.gif" border="0 <P>Good luck, Robert<P>PS Dal Slabaugh if fantastic one big atta-boy for him.<p>[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects ]

Robert, I too looked at construction adhesives when in was in Home Depot. Most of them dry pretty hard. The stuff used by gm remains very flexible, almost like rubber. This may have some advantage when the door panel is removed as it allows the panel to flex a bit as the barbed plastic "nails" are pulled from the grommets. Thanks for the thought.