90 Convertible

Guest DMG

Can anyone tell me what kind of material, and weight to look for when buying a replacement convertible top? I want the factoy design, good quality. What do I look for so I don't get a cheap top that won't last, and isn't the right weight? Thanks to all that helped.<BR> "Replacement Convertible Top - With Heated Hard Glass<BR>Single Texture 40 Ounce Vinyl"<BR>This is what I got out of one ad, But as I said, I don't know what is correct. Thanks to all that helped.

Get a top made by Electron Top Manufacturing Co of Richmond Hill NY 11418<BR>800-221-4476. Their top are top quality, you have the choice of factory colors or many other colors. They can also supply the black cloth top that was used on some '90 convertibles.<BR>In 2000 (Richmond convention) I attempted to match material from their catalog with cars on display. Their catalog list Haartz#1006 as being the closest to the factory that I could find. The catalog indicates that that is white on the outside and tan on the inside. I would think it should be black on the inside but since there is an inner liner, it may not matter.<P>The top from Electron comes with the heated back window BONDED in place. Some others do not supply the window and/or expect you to use your old window. This can be a problem with sealing the window to the top.