Headlight switch cluster

Bosco49

My tail light switch won't shut off. I had to pull the fuse to save the battery from draining. Is there a quick fix for this or do I have to replace the headlight switch as well? Oh, forgot to mention, it's an 88 Reatta.<p>[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Bosco49 ]

I don't know whether or not a new headlight switch will fix your tail light problem, but I replaced mine because the interior light dimmer switch was broken. If you want it you can have my old one for shipping cost, or I arrange for you to pick it up in St. Cloud. Let me know. Bob

Accurately describing the problem is a big problem and even bigger when you are trying to help long-distance.<P>In this case the rear lights stay on...is it the running lights or the brake lights?<BR>With the vehicle backed up to a wall in the dark...and the lights turned off (and the rear light still on) hit the brake ....does the lights get brighter?<BR>Another (maybe easier) way...if the licence lights are on, it is the running light, if not it is the brake lights. <P>If it is the brake lights, then it is probably the brake light switch (located at the brake pedel)