WTB 28-34 F series coupe

carl1775

Looking for a 1928-1934 F series coupe. Will consider anything, though I'm looking for a project. In a perfect world, it would be a sport or business coupe. No show winners or "perfect" cars, as the budget is not geared toward owning such a vehicle. I'll take one with or with out bullet holes, parts all there or some missing, I'm pretty much open for any leads. Again, the perfect car would be just sitting there, most all parts with the body, etc. the nitty gritty of it is it needs to have factory ID tags and a title would be very, very nice. At the bare minimum a shell, hood assembly and grill assembly. Of course, The budget, I'm looking for a car that is less than 10,000.00. The offering price would obviously be reduced accordingly, dependent upon condition and completeness. Again, any condition will be considered and would prefer the stereo-typical field car. surface rust, rats nests, but mostly all there and has just been sitting for a while. Any way, thank you for the time you spent reading my request,

Carl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

hello, I have a 1934 oldsmobile coupe. i t is ruff but mostly all there. doors and decklid. are there. i do have a extra grill shell. no fenders. no hood no frame no floors no glass no engine or trans or reaer end. this is not a rumble seat. 702-818-0955 las vegas charles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Carl,

I found your post from '07 concerning your interest in a 34 olds business coupe. I have a 34 olds coupe. It is a 6 cylinder, rumble seat with spare time mounted on the rear. It has independent front suspension, hydrolic brakes and a soft top. I purchased my car in 1967 from the original owner in Palo Alto, CA. I drove it home, and began disassembling it as a 17 year old. My plan was to do a complete frame up restoration. I sandblasted the frame and put 6 coats of primer and laquer on it. I sandblasted the body and put 6 coates of primer on it. I installed new piston rings (because it smoked), put the body back on the frame, and got the engine running. Window moldings and dash were originally painted wood grain, but peeling. The dash was painted black and the window moldings were chromed along with all other chrome parts in '68. I also have the original interior, glass and wiring harness. I drove it up and down the driveway a few times ----- and went to college.

In 1975, I moved the car from my parents garage to a container in Stephenville, TX, where it has been since.

Are you still in the market for a car like this?

I just found this forum today - since I'm not a member or regular participant of the forum, it might be better to email me. cookej@acu.edu Thanks, Jim

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Still want a car folks, looking for a seller that has one and is willing to let the project go to a new owner. All cars considered, as far as completeness, but still looking for that elusive two-door coupe. I would even consider trading up or down for one of my A body cars, but would only do that for the right car. Again, any leads are greatly appreciated. I know that these cars are far and few between, but I'm still holding out hope for my "dream" vehicle.

Thank you,

Carl