Insurance rates

Ken, Use the search mode and write in "Collector car insurance". There are companys that write spacific policies for low use, garaged, and over 25 years of age people. Reatta qualifys as a modern collectable. wink.gif" border="0

Further, many companies will register the car as a "collector" car, for cars that aren't 25 years old. There is a distinction between a collector car and antique cars. To qualify as an antique the car must be atleast 25 years old. I am in the process of insuring my 79 Toronado and my 90 Reatta as collector cars for about $350 per year for both. I'm paying $1000 now just for the Reatta. LI NY has some of the highest rates in the country. One catch... you need to have another car full time for each licensed drivers in the household. Naturally as an antique or collector the vehicle is to be used only for show/club/parade functions. Some insurance companies require annual mileage record to be submitted. Good luck.

I was wondering why the GEICO rate was so high for a over forty male in Atlanta.<BR>My rate is only 20 percent less than my 1998 Lexus SC400. But, I was happy with the price for the tags, here in Ga we pay property tax on the tags. With the Lexus it was close to 800 big ones, but the '89 Reatta was only 40 dollars.<BR>I think being a two seater has something to do with it; I thinks two-seaters was considered sport cars.

The rates are higher in all big cities. Since virtually everyone everyone in Atlanta drives like a maniac, the cost of "misjudgements" are reflected in the cost we pay. I mean, after a few laps around I-285, you are ready for NASCAR!

a) I have my Reatta with full coverage on my Allstate policy. Rate is about the same as wife's Bonneville.<P>B) Fiero is now on J.C.Taylor policy like my Judge. Since not 20 years old had to have a "special interest" policy. To qualify must have other "daily driver" and must be kept in a lockable garage.<P>c) Atlanta is the only place I have seen drivers on one of the Interstates or GA 400 pass all of the traffic backed up in an exit lane then stop <span style="font-style: italic">in the traffic lane</span> and wait for someone to let them in (right).

Wow maybe St. Louis isn't so bad after all. I have insurance with State Farm and pay 42 bucks a month (full coverage of course)for my 88. It is considered my full time driver.

padgett......Surely you have driven I-4 at rush hour? That happens all the time. Here in Tampa Bay we have lots like that! Some just believe that their time is more important than all the others on the road!

Hard to believe this story: I questioned the insurance rate when I bought the car. I did a lot of searching and this is what I was told........When new, a car gets an insurance [damage and repair] cost every six months. After 1-1/2 years that rate is locked in for the rest of the cars life. The Reatta had a high cost of damage repair. I was also told that the power to weight ratio put it in the sport car range. I questioned that now 4 door sedans have more power than the 165 of the Reatta. I was also told this was set after the first 1-1/2 years and is locked in stone...........I talked with a man working in the Empire State Building in N. Y. city.......He told me that he and his company were the group locking this in. I wish now I had made a note of whom I talked with.........D.K. Watson Sr......Strange, but true....