Speaker Wiring

Richard S

Changing speakers front and back in my 90, and installing an amp. Does anyone know the routing of the original speaker wiring to the rear. It looks like the wires go up, not down into the wiring "wells" from which the main rear harnesses appear below the rear bulkhead. I was thinking of using the original wires to pull new heavier guage wires to the amp. BTW:<BR>What guage should I be using for speakers?<BR>What guage wire should I use to power the amp? [i remember one of the previous threads suggested 8 guage].<BR>My new front speakers have an integral tweeter with lugs for both tweeter and midrange. Is there any reason I should not retain and power the stock tweeter off wires to the integral tweeter?<BR>Just a note to say that the manual is wrong re the door pull straps. Took me a while to realize the bolt was behind a flap on the straps that are just tucked into the panel. Duh!

The manufacture of your equipment is a good source of info on placement and wire selection. Yahoo also has a lot install message boards.<BR>The car came stock with component speakers up front, why did you want to go with coaxial speakers?<BR>I'm getting ready to do the same, but I'm not as brave as you I'm going to the best install shop I can find. There are many tricks of the trade to minimize induced noise from entering your system.<BR>Good luck!

These are the best speaker wires that I and many others have ever heard and as a DIY project cost very little. <a href="http://www.geocities.com/venhaus1/diycatfivecables.html">Speaker wires</a><P>As a simpler version you could build <a href="http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/ffrc_e.html"> Other speaker wires</a> and braid the 3 wires.<P>I use these in my home system and they absolutely blow me away. Good luck, Robert