Anyone here enter their A's in AACA Judging?

FomocoService

Any Pix? I would think a standard would do well as it would be a little different, especially if you can resist over-accessorizing it. I am guilty, like many A owners - dual mirrors, stoplights, stonegaurd, clock in mirror, & motometer but no www... I have not shown my car in an AACA format, it is an older restoration and would really need to be re-done to get serious. Wrong interior (L-B Mohair) & '28-29 color scheme (Rose Beige & Seal Brown) But I think these issues would be more apparent in a MARC or MAFCA event than AACA.

Good luck with yours! Glad to see a little more activity in the A section!

Yea MARC & MAFCA tends to get to nit picky...

I'm gonna keep the Roadster as plain as possible, black walls tires, Black paint with a red pinstripe and the original style interior & top(long short cobra grain)

The only problem I had with A's & AACA judging was they judged the A-400 as a Victoria and got clobbered points wise, this happened at 2 meets!

I don't have any pics of the Roadster on this computer, but I'll put a couple up of my driver '30 Pickup..

Just discovered this forum and hope to see the A section get more active.. The other Model A forums have too much politics & flaming, so I don't get involved!

I have a 1929 Model A Phaeton that was restored in 1989. I bought it in 2006, and it received its First Junior in 2006 at the Asheville Meet and then received its Senior Award at Hershey in 2006. I plan on taking it to the MARC meet in Williamsburg (I really have to get registered in the next week or so) because I have never been to a MAFCA or a MARC meet. I then will be taking it to Kalamazoo for the Grand National Meet in July. It is as plain as it can be. In AACA judging, the less that is there, the less there is for you to lose points on. Here are photos of some of the cars at New Bern. My car is photo #14:

web page

Thanks. Nice truck, I have previously owned a 1931 Briggs Town Sedan & A 1930 Deluxe Coupe. I currently own the 1929 Phaeton and a Driver 1929 Sport Coupe, I guess I really need to trade my "modern" 1964 F100 for a Model A truck similar to yours and I would be all set.

• 2 months later...

I did a Standard Roadster 1930 / Grand National A.A.C.A. Award [399 points]1990,MAFCA of EXCELLENT 1988,MARC Henry Ford Award 1990.Plain Jane except cowl lights. Cover story and cover on the RESTORER Mag [MAFCA] March/April 1989 issue 6. Roadster with a TRUNK. AND passed up 3 times for a FORD AWARD a.a.c.a./ Go figure. I know of only 4 super standard roadsters ever done. NONE of them we 1931 VERY RARE and i new of a LATE 1931 Standard roadster w/ trunk unrestored super- out in longisland n.y.

Since this is back up to the top, an update on my Phaeton. Some other stuff came up that I had to attend to and I did not make it up to Williamsburg for the MARC meet. One day I still need to make it to a MAFCA or MARC meet. I did make it to Kalamazoo and got my First Grand National Award.

Any of you guys ever come across a '31 Black Std Tudor with green wheels and VERY low original miles?

May be on the east coast.

Was sold in 1987 at an auction in Ephrata, PA and PA title record reads; Greenleaf Atlantic HLDF, New Jersey. Serial # A4755319.