How many TC's?

Guest gavprof

Guest LIT MUSE

The little emusement still running well. 1990 yellow/black interior, V6 auto,176600 miles, VIN: ZC2FS1204LB206335, in Seattle.

Update:

parts car first

1990 CA model vin 206369 white on black with a black top.

Build date 12/89 V/6 auto o/d No factory c/d yes woodgrain

my daily driver is a 1991 CA model vin 207895 white on black with a black top.

Build date 03/90 V/6 auto o/d Yes factory c/d yes woodgrain.

Question: Do you want in the data base other dead or gone TC"s also ?

Many of us might know the were abouts of some of these other cars.

Guest Bob Barrow
I need the last 4 of the VIN before I can add your car! All 90 and 91 models should have the woodgrain trim for the window switches, radio surround, instrument panel surround and console area. These two years should also NOT have the fuzzy (carpet type) speaker covers.

To, Ghostymosty, last 4 digits are 5348 Bob Barrow

Update:

parts car first

1990 CA model vin 206369 white on black with a black top.

Build date 12/89 V/6 auto o/d No factory c/d yes woodgrain

my daily driver is a 1991 CA model vin 207895 white on black with a black top.

Build date 03/90 V/6 auto o/d Yes factory c/d yes woodgrain.

Question: Do you want in the data base other dead or gone TC"s also ?

Many of us might know the were abouts of some of these other cars.

I checked and found out the database can have 1000 rows so only 999 cars will fit, 1 row for titles. That should give enough room for the TC's that are still on the road and the dead ones we can find VINs for, if not I can always make another database just for the dead ones.

Guest Koolmaqe

127,531 Miles. I bought it Yesterday from the original owner. Looks to be in clean condition. All manuals, umbrella in the spare tire area, hard top and soft top.

I'll have to take a better picture of it, but for now: imgur: the simple image sharer

1991 - 02-90 - 207610 - Ginger/Brown?/Tan - V6 3.0 Auto O/D - No - Yes - No - No

[TABLE=class: cms_table]

<tbody>

[TR=bgcolor: #000000]

[TH=align: left]Year[/TH]

[TH=align: left] Build Date[/TH]

[TH=align: left] VIN last 6 down.gif[/TH]

[TH=align: left] color, body/interior/soft top[/TH]

[TH=align: left] Engine[/TH]

[TH=align: left] Transmission[/TH]

[TH=align: left] Factory CD[/TH]

[TH=align: left] Woodgrain [/TH]

[TH=align: left] Fuzzy speakers[/TH]

[TH=align: left] 'built for' plaque number[/TH]

[/TR]

</tbody>

[/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest StudeDude 01

Ghosty---please add mine to the list:

1990 9/89 205203 white/ginger/tan 3.0 V6 auto/od NoFact CD Woodgrain No fuzzy covers No dash plaque

• 4 weeks later...

I am the technical advisor for Reattas within the Buick Club of America. This type of question often arises. I made a contact at R L Polk and he supplies me with a listing of registered Reattas. As a comparison to your TC's ...... last fall I received an update.

There were a total of 21,751 Reattas made in 4 model years, the registered numbers for 9/12 were 12051. This is 55% remaining.

I would think your TC's would have a similar survivor rate. These are not normal cars, many were held by the original owners for many years and were sold in prime condition. I hope you can find good numbers for your cars.

PS.....how about those TEVES brakes?

Guest FOX49
Got that one included in the last round of additions to the list, up to 344 entries as of today when I saw a new ebay ad for a red/ginger/tan.

1989 03/89 201626 cabernet/ginger/black 8 valve SOHC auto no yes yes Dexter,Mich

I have five TC's, my two five speeds are on the list #203945 and #205895 but the other three are not (all automatics) so here they are: #201392 Yellow-Ginger but now Exotic Red, no CD but yes on Fuzzy Speakers, #201488 Yellow-Ginger, no CD but yes on Fuzzy Speakers, #204481 Royal Cabernet-Bordeaux, no CD but yes on Fuzzy speakers. Thanks for all your work on this list - Mel

I have 7 TC's that I would like to add to the database89 6/89 201607 Cab/Gin/Tan 8 auto no yes yes 81k* 89 3/89 201852 Cab/Gin/Blk 8 auto no yes yes 50k*89 6/89 203639 Cab/Bur/Blk 8 auto no yes no 37k* 90 9/89 205250 Wh/Gin/Tan v-6 auto no yes no 91k90 11/89 206368 Blk/Blk/Blk v-6 auto no yes no 110k90 12/89 206713 Blk/Blk/Blk v-6 auto no yes no 114k*89 6/88 200259 Cab/Bur/Blk 8 auto no no yes 51k *Licensed and on the road First time to reply on forum hope it's correct

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It seams that every print artcile and every internet posting I read about the TC, all say that there were only about 7,300 made. Maybe it's the way I learned to do math, but this recent question of the oldest surving TC had me looking at numbers and guessing that production would have started with 200001, so I'm looking at the last vin off the line 208543 and thinking that 7,300 is someones bad math that hasn't ever been questioned. Is it the way I do math or has someone else come up with the same number?

It seams that every print artcile and every internet posting I read about the TC, all say that there were only about 7,300 made. Maybe it's the way I learned to do math, but this recent question of the oldest surving TC had me looking at numbers and guessing that production would have started with 200001, so I'm looking at the last vin off the line 208543 and thinking that 7,300 is someones bad math that hasn't ever been questioned. Is it the way I do math or has someone else come up with the same number?

Well Digger, it goes something like this...

They divided the 3 'year models' in such a way that there ended up being 7,301 TCs built for actual operation. I do not have the exact splitting points, but in the end and from the beginning, 7,300 vehicles were scheduled to be built in the original contract from Chrysler Corporation. The last one was built for the plant manager and was white with burgundy interior, a 16v engine with the 5 speed. It was registered as a 1990 TC because no 16v engine cars were produced as 1991 year models.

Have a look at the production VIN list and you can see those splits in the numbering sequence.

Guest TCBucky89

Could it be that some TCs didn't make it all the way to the end of the production line? That may explain a gap in the VIN sequence. The build date on mine is 11/88, VIN 200626.

Hemi is absolutely correct. I have cut and pasted below from my notes about the car.

Production of 1989 models was started in September 1988 and ran through July 1989 totaling 3,764 units. The 1990 models were

built from August through December of 1989 and totaled 1,900 units. The remaining units, 1,636 were built as 1991 models from

January 1990 through build-out on April 10, 1990. Total production amounted to 7,300 units. In regard to the sequence number,

the production plant actually made the decision on the starting number for each model year. Once initiated, each model year ran

sequentially.

Name plaques on dashboards were numbered sequentially by the engraver in Italy and have nothing to do with any numbers on the car.

If a person purchased a car and sent off for their name plaque immediately, they would have a low number.

I also included the piece about the name plaque from my notes.

From my personal knowledge the first couple hundred cars were destroyed as they were not to the liking of Chrysler and Maserati. Somehow there were a few cars that managed to sneek pass the crusher.

• 4 months later...
Guest alchemist6

New here and was just given an 89 TC. Has a few minor issues (stereo, pas. Seat adjustment and needs new seats)

But im in total love with her! Taking her back for a resmog tomorrow then register. :)

• 5 months later...