Brake computer / BCM connection question please

Roadster90

I recently bought a used brake computer (left side of the trunk) and semi installed it the other day to see if it might cure an initial slight pulling to the left under mediaum to heavy braking (trying the computer verses a Teves first).

The used replacement apparently either has a problem or my "semi intstallation" is lacking. I did not remove the old unit, just installed the big "gang plug".

Is it necessary to have the unit mounted to the trunk apron bracket...like is it necessary to have a unit ground (I was thinking it had an internal ground in the gang plug/wiring harness? The car braked OK...maybe a little mushy and the Teves light was on?

The unit I sent you was a good one that I had tested in a working car and both the lights went out. I think initially that one had some codes in it but I put it in a car that the rest of the system was known to be good and then drove the car over 18 mph which cleared the codes and then both lights went out.

As you mentioned, I would also assume there is an internal ground through the pins but I do know the mounting bracket is grounded because that is the ground I use when programming transmitters.

Part of my testing (where I found that the codes in the service manual were rong)was with a second brake module just sitting in the trunk. Worked fine thought you have to be careful seating the plug.