The value of this 1933 Ford?

Jo,

Thats a really nice looking car, even under all the dust. Its hard to find a 33 Ford that hasn't been turned into a rod. There are so few originals sold that its difficult to see a trend. It appears from the picture to be a 2 passenger, five window business coupe. The limited amount of information I have seen on 33 coupes sold, I would have guessed in the 40-55K range for an original, BUT the information I have is very limited and, since the cars cannot be physically compared, I may be off quite a bit.

I checked the current online NADA guide for a 1933 Ford Five Window Coupe at http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?L...=1933&da-1:

Since I wasn't completely positive that it was a 2 passenger model, I checked values for different five window coupe models listed. I don't know how the values relect the real world. As Roger mentioned, the real price depends on the market.

Model 40 2 Passenger Five Window Coupe

Low Retail - $21,000

Average retail - $38,700

High retail - $57,400.

Model 40 2 Passenger Deluxe Five Window Coupe

Low Retail - $22,100

Average retail - $40,700

High retail - $60,500.

Model 40 2-4 Passenger Five Window Coupe

Low Retail - $21,600

Average retail - $39,900

High retail - $59,300.

Model 40 2-4 Passenger Deluxe Five Window Coupe

Low Retail - $22,800

Average retail - $41,800

High retail - $62,300.

For the potential money the car may bring, I suggest that you get an appraisal on the car from a reputable,professional appraiser.

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...

Bruce,

Do you know if the rumble seat is counted when they say 2-4 passengers. In other words, 2 in the cab, 2 in the rumble seat? Or is that all 4 passengers in the cab? Also, as far as I know 1933 was the first year for V-8 but I only see an option for 4 cylinder? Any thoughts about that?

Thanks a lot!

I'm not a Ford expert, but the 40 was the designation for the V8, which was available in both standard and deluxe versions.

Deluxe versions came standard with dual horns and twin cowl lamps, but that was an option for standard models as well. Your car seems pretty well decked out with the cowl lamps, spare tire cover, twin taillights, dual windshield wipers. You also may have twin horns, and a radio, heater and a clock. I'm betting that you may have a Deluxe model, although they built many, many more standard versions of that 5-window coupe (32,000 vs. 11,000). I'm not sure if there is any way to tell how your car would have been delivered if it has been outfitted with all the deluxe features. Again, I'm not a Ford expert.

Wish I had room in my garage for your car, though. You wouldn't want to let it go for a song, by chance?

jojoma

Where is the car located? Looks like my dad's old one. Is it a rumble seat version? He sold it back in 1979 or so. At the time, it was an AACA junior car and was all prepped for its senior. He sold it a month or two before Hershey rolled around. Send me a pm, phone call or email if you get a chance. My dad is still very much into Early V8 Ford's and he would be interested, I'm sure.

Rod

willistead2000@hotmail.com

(519) 250-3401