41 Lincoln Zephyr

Can any body tell me how to tell a 1941 Lincoln Zephyr From A 1941 Lincoln Continental. I work for a body shop in Dayton Ohio. A customer brought his 1941 Lincoln Zephyr in for a total restore. I have been told that some of the parts on the car are for a continental Please help

Hi, it depends on which parts you are referring to, most mechanical parts are the same for a Z and a Continental, the body parts are mostly very different, but both have the same bumpers and grilles, park lites, and the same steering wheel and radio, but most of the dashes are very different, tell us what parts you are confused about, and we can probally clarify it.

Hello I take care of all the mechanical. The body shop manager was told by a parts house That this car has the wrong front park lights, hood ornament and side mirrors. I have found a few pictures on line and can not tell them apart. I was wondering if there was a body # for the Zephyr and Continental. If so were is it on the car. Thank You

Take a look at: http://lzoc.org/photos/photos.htm to see pictures of Lincoln Zephyrs and Continentals. Both cars use the same chassis. Continentals have an external spare wheel on the back, a lower overall profile, and a significantly longer hood.

VIN numbers on both cars are located on the left front crossmember, near the motor mount and on the rear frame near or below the gas filler. The VIN is a sequential production number beginning with the letter "H" which indicates a V-12 engine. There is also a body number plate (THIS IS NOT THE VIN!) on the firewall (see attachment). 16H (16=1941, H=V-12 engine) 76 (76=body type) 181 (181=sequential production number for this body style).

If you could attach a photo of the car, it would be a big help.

post-32768-143137933824_thumb.jpg