Sign in to follow this  
1924DB

12-volt or 6-volt. Neg. or pos. ground?

Hi Roberto. The little coupe has really surprised me. I have restored a bunch of the little Ford 8N tractors (1947-52) and I thought that nothing could compete with their ability to sit unused for many years and still only take an hour or so to get going again. This DB definately has them beat.

I still have a few minor problems to resolve with the car before I can take it too far from the shop. All the water hoses were rock hard and cracked. The top red hose may even be an original. I replaced the bottom water hose when it started leaking but now the middle hose is leaking badly. They will all need replacing but I'm sort of trying to take this thing slowly. Also the carburetor float needle appears to be sticking open which may or may not resolve itself as it gets used to being wet again. Tomorrow, while I am waiting on my shop manual and fan, I plan to remove the driver-side rear fender to remove a crumpled area that happened around 1937 when my father-in-law who was ten years old at the time backed under a combine head. Except for a couple of what appear to be hail dents in the front passenger fender, the rumpled rear fender is the only dent in the car. All in all, the car appears to have been well cared for. It is showing 51,800 miles on the speedometer.

My wife is already planning to take our grandchildren for a ride so I've got to get busy! As soon as they find out the car is running, they'll be after me for the rest of the summer to take them out for a spin.

Ron

No drug or drink could compare to hearing an old engine run for the first time

after years of sitting idle.And i run the Vacuum tank.