new design console, what do u think?

I changed the lay out on my 1989 Reatta center console. I got real tired of no cup holder. That square piece in front of cig. lighter turns. It has the flat piece on top, Then it turns for a cup holder then into a coin holder. I like the looks of the horseshoe shifter. Plus i dont like climbing over the console to hit the button in the glove box for the gas door and the trunk release. So, I added them in front of the console. I still have the buttons in the glove box as well. I think it should work just fine. Let me know what you think please.<BR>Thank you everyone and have a happy new year and a SAFE one.<BR>Randy 1009600504638_reatta_psc.jpg

I really like what you've done. I'm not sure about putting the gas and trunk release buttons on unless they were wired into the acc power. Keep up the great modifications.

Thank you for the input everyone. The shifter came out of a Olds Toronado 86-87. Another cool shifter is the one out of the Olds Hurst Lighting rods. I think the right shifter does alot for the interior of a car???<BR>Thanks again, Randy

Looks great. My 90 Eldorado had a cup/coin holder like you described. The shifter is a winner!! Looks much better than what the car came with. It is a pain to have the fuel switch in the GP. For security reasons, I think I would have put them out of sight, but they sure are handy where you placed them. I noticed the tape player seems to be missing. What is your plan for that? Also, what is that device mounted next to the console under the dash, a CD player? Howard<p>[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Howard ]

Thank you, You people are great. Hi Howard, There is a TV screen where the cassette used to be. The unit next to it is the DVD and CD Player. Happy New Year.<BR>Randy

• 4 months later...

I also could not open the window to the picture. Feel like I am missing out on something really cool.<P>By the way -- Make sure the cup is empty when you rotate for the change wink.gif" border="0

Okay...can't unlock the picture and I am fascinated by the idea of the lightening rod shifter. Have you done this?? If so, I'd love to see the pic and hear how you did it as I thought the shifter was strictly a TH350/400 application.