Used remotes

Hey Guys,<BR>Just a note....check out e-bay for used remotes from time to time. I just got two used 4 button Cadillac remotes for $60.00 delivered to my home!!!!! They are in very good shape and work perfect.....why beat your head against a wall when there are good remotes out there. Just look around.

Not all remotes are the same....You could also be out $60.<P>I purchased three different Buick remotes at the Buick convention and none of them work.<P>There are two important items... the frequency of the unit and do they actually work. If either are wrong you will have an expensive key flob.

Check the archives on remotesunlimited. They originally had caddy remotes that were identical in quality to the Buick. The $40 unit they are now shipping is a much chincier [sp?] Asian version that many have said have no identification on the buttons and is poor quality, though they work. I would opt for the used caddy if it has the proper code and is guaranteed to work.

Guest Brolliar

Hi,<P>This site tells how to program the remote. <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net/faq.html#REMOTE" TARGET=_blank>http://www.reatta.net/faq.html#REMOTE</A> <P>It says:<P>1. Turn the Key on and open trunk <BR>2. On the left side of the trunk, remove the carpeting. You should see a green wire near the brake controller and harness. <BR>3. Ground this green wire to the body of the car. <BR>4. Wait for the doors to lock and unlock. This takes about 2 seconds. A note; be sure to have the windows down so you don't lock yourself out. <BR>5. Press the unlock button on the first transmitter twice waiting one second between presses. Wait for the doors to lock and unlock, this should take about 2 seconds. <BR>6. Press the unlock button on the second transmitter right away after step 5. Wait for the doors to lock and unlock. <BR>7. Remove the ground and put carpet back on.

Guest Ranger

Got my 91-96 Cad. remote on eBay for $36 delivered, looks new, icon on all four buttons but made in Japan. Followed both sets of instructions from the site, the remote didn't work. Finally, after grounding, hit each of the four buttons once, unlock, lock, trunk and lights. Now it works great. Very pleased. Thanks again to you folks on the site and Happy New Year.