Sign in to follow this  
rodney

2 questions about my '51 Roadmaster

Hi Everyone,

I have two quick questions:

1. I bought 4 hood bumpers from Bob's. Were hood bumpers original equipment? Can anyone produce an image of where they should be located? Ahh, the joys of a side opening hood.

2. My headliner is original and looks fantastic. The windlace is a different story. Is their a way of replacing the windlace without destroying the headliner?

Thanks!

Rod

Sold my '52 and my '50 some years ago, so this is from memory. I do know that there are hood bumpers on the upper grille bar (small round ones), on the cowl, and along both sides. It is nearly impossible to replace windlace without tearing the headliner. I mean, you can do it, but the windlace doesn't always stay in place, because you cannot staple it to the tacking strip, because the tacking strip is located under the headliner.

Pete Phillips

BCA #7338

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the post. The bumpers that I have are for the side (along the fenders). The problem is that the rubber part of the bumpers are slanted and I am trying to not only find the proper location, but ehich side the slant is supposed to face.

Rod