Ignition Coil and Module assembly w/Gasket

Tacoma

I'm leaking a creamy color substance from my Ignition coil assembly. The Buick dealer wants an arm and first born for it. I think it's an AC Delco, Mfg by Magnavox. I have three part numbers as follows: Coil 12353801, Gasket 25526450, Module 24503623. Does anyone know if these numbers are correct for my 90 Reatta and a reasonable source. Jerry

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imported_keystone

Can you please give us more specific year make and model ICM and coil packs that work correctly. There are a lot of GM systems and I am not sure that all the plugs are the same as the Reatta. Thnaks in advance

Basically the same Delco unit was used on all 3800s at least until last year. The only difference I have heard of is in the bracket the assembly bolts to.

As to aftermarket, there is a crossreference at the bottom of my coils page.

Guest imported_keystone

Thanks for all the input. I got a replacemnet ICM and coil form Jim but it does the same thing. At first it is hard to start and then misses. Once it warms up a little it will idle but sputters and coughs and will not get out of it way on the road. Any other ideas? Fuel Pump?

Next step is to check the pressure on the fuel rail. To run properly it should be in the 30-40 psi range. If that is OK then the injectors may need cleaning but it really takes proper equipment to diagnose.

I would try the seafoam/vaccum line into the plenum trick first. If it is not the relay and the icm/coil is good,try cleaning the fuel line. Another thing to try is the little thingy held in place by the 2 stainless steel screws.

Guest imported_keystone

Checked my fuel pressure at the rail tonight and got all of 21 psig. I bought an new GM fuel pump, filter and screen. Anything special I should know about changing the fuel pump? Do I need to replace the gasket on the collar on top of the fuel tank where the fuel pump goes in?

I agree, if you are getting 21 pounds the filter might be plugged. From my experience if you have no pressure then the pump is bad. In section 6E3-A-19 of my '89 shop manual it says pressure at the rail should be 40-47 PSI. I have had Reattas with as high as 37 PSI and they ran poorly.

I see this is my 1000th post and had hoped to use it for something more fun like to criticize the yellow and green of Lameboys field and then loose customers because of their fanaticism but I guess this will have to do.

I have a long way to go to catch Padgett with 5672. His advice and all the others is much appreciated.

Guest imported_keystone

Thnaks for all the feedback. Mine will start after a few tries and will idle. But when you try to move or accelerate it coughs bucks and sometimes dies. I will change the filter to see if that make a difference but I am not sure it will. i will get back to you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imported_keystone

Thnaks for all the replys and help. Thsi forum is great !!

Finally got the time to change the fuel pump and filter. Starts are runs fine. Fuel pressure is now about 38 to 40 psig. Is that low? The manual says 40 to 47 psig.