Door Handle

Guest Durahansolo

Guest Durahansolo

*Sigh* of all the things to go wrong with the Reatta, today while stopping at the credit union, my driver side door handle broke off on one side. Now I can't open the door unless i open it from the inside first. Anyone know where I can get a door handle, I'll check ebay when I get home since I can't check it at work.

BTW I don't know if the other year models have different handle mechanisms, but I have a 89 Reatta.

'88-90 Reatta's are the only car that used that handle. Reattas in '91 and Chevrolet used a similar handle on a couple of their cars in the late '80s but they did not have the extra mounting on the back side for a small switch that feeds the body computer ( BCM ) to control some of the functions of the lights, keyless entry and the security system.

I have a good handle and probably the right color for your car.

I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Guest Durahansolo

Color? I thought all of the handles were chrome colored like mine. I might need to get some superglue and try to bond it back lol.

EDIT: Possible Door Handle I dont know how accurate that door picture is, but it's #9 here.

In the picture the body of the handle is painted to match the color of your car.

Something very strange about that site. To the best of my knowledge the door handles and vent windows have been out of production for many years which is why for a few years the vent windows were selling for over $ 1000.

I went to gmpartsdirect and put in the p/n for the vent window and it came up unavailable.

I went back to this site and put in the p/n for the vent window and it came up as being available but at a different price than when you click on # 2 of the page you posted. Same web site two different prices. Before sending any money I would contact them by phone and make sure they actually have the parts.

The picture by the way is right out of a "Motor" crash book and not out of the GM parts book. These parts are listed in the GM parts book in grp 10 ( page 10-44 in my book )