Brake Question

Guest reattafun

Guest reattafun

I have a front passenger side brake caliper that seemed to be stuck out causing the wheel to smell like something burning. I first noticed a problem when I wood stop and the car would not roll forward like the brake was on then would seem to release and go. I have replaced the caliper and it seems better but I think it is doing the same thing. Could it be something elsewhere?

Chris in Ohio

Yes it could be something else.

(1) you could have a brake hose that is restricted, when you hit the brakes and get 2000+ psi pushing out the brake will work but when you release the brake, there is not enough pressure to force the fluid back and the brake drags.

(2) you could have a bad, stuck, clogged ABS valve.

There could be others but those will keep you busy until I think of more.

Guest F14CRAZY

I suppose that replacing the fluid in the resevoir could fix a stuck valve.

What I do is drain the resevoir by removing "the one hose". Then I fill it back up properly and go drive for a day. The fluid gets pumped around in the resevoir unlike a regular vacuum assisted brake system. Then I drain/refill again, then bleed the lines.

Guest reattafun

I will get the fluid changed and see if it helps. I hope it is not the brake line or maybe I do!!!

Chris in Ohio

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reattafun

Thanks to all who posted. It was the brake line so now brakes working good and the fluid is changed.

Chris in Ohio