Replacement CRTC

Guest Robi

It's been a while since I've followed what's going on in the Reatta world and I've lost track of where to get stuff like the CRTC. My CRT display is tending to form a verticle line in the center of the screen so I'm thinking the horizontal oscilator is getting weak in the CRTC. Help!!!

I believe the CRTC only serves as an interface to the CRT/touch screen.

You are probably right about the horizontal oscillator being the problem but the horizontal and vertical circuits are wholly inside the CRT unit. I have both good CRT/touch screens and CRTC available and I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

I sure don't want to sound like I'm arguing with you, but I'm going on the fact that the FSM wiring diagrams between the CRTC and CRT show a horizontal osc. signal passing between the two boxes. I find it confusing to think the CRTC would be receiving an oscilator input from the CRT and what it would use it for. The biggest problem with these units are they were designed and built by Zeinth (sp?) and they use proprietary chips that can't be purchased or cross referenced. I looked at the circuit parts once and couldn't deduce anything about which transistors might be the oscilator. I used to work on CRT monitors for Mitel phone systems. I'll send email to discuss money exchange to at least get one of the CRTCs.