1934 TITLE

alanp

Somewhere here I've got a good Virginia title for a 1934 Plymouth that was junked in 1940. Alabama cars registered before a certain date don't have titles but come with a bill of sale and a license tag. New York also was a non-title state. I don't know if it still is. Most people get a title through some company in Alabama as I recall.

Posted an answer to you in the Pontiac forum. New York is non-title 1972 and older. It's rediculously easy to get a registration there.

I don't understand why more of these boards don't have a sticky or a board section somewhere with a thread for each state giving the details on how to get a title or registration, what works, what won't work, etc -

• 2 weeks later...

Alabama did not have titles prior to 1974. There is a company called Broadway Title

who will get your vehicle registered in Alabama and provide a Bill of Sale and old

registration for a fee of about $150.00. After all vehicle manufactures adopted the

standard 16 digit VIN #, all the rules changed. Now getting a title for VIN#ed car

is a much bigger problem. Solution, only buy real old cars!

Happy Motoring.