Climate Control Electrical Problem Detected

tnheygirl

Hi Guys<BR>I was driving with the heater on low, max temp and after about 15 minutes on the expressway I got a "A/C electrical problem detected" code C553 SO I just shut off the heater. Anyone have this problem? Also when I push my summary button my temp reading never goes above 147F no matter how long I drive the car. Oil reading fluct. 52-57 while driving rpms fluctuate ALOT from 800-2400 while driving.<p>[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: tnheygirl ]

a) sounds like you need to replace the oil pressure sensor - was a factory bulletin on that. Not expensive and five minute job.<P>B) only places I get coolant temp is on the gauge screen and the scan tool functions - a/c temp is on summary but shouldn't go past 90 (not at home as usual so cannot check).<P>If coolant is quite possible in this weather if thermostat is stuck open. Radiator fins will feel cool also. 3800 is reall a pretty cool running engine.<P>c) RPMs jumping all over the place is usually spark scatter - would say ignition module but all three of these things could be a bad bulkhead connector. (In my experience a bad ground will make temp read high and oil pressure read low).<P>First replace the oil pressure sensor since bad one could make you think you have oil presure when you do not.<P>Can check temp by old standby of a thermometer in the water neck with cap off. When starting cold you should not see any flow. If you do, thermostat is stuck open.<P>Once those are sorted out then we can look at the tach indicator but since both fuel and advance use RPM as an input, if going into the ECM that way it is going to be really confused.<P>Of course if 147 degrees it is probably not going closed loop so may run but MPG will be terrible.