Anyone tried Pertronix ignition?

I've noticed that Bob's Automobilia is now carrying a Pertronix ignition system and coil which will fit inside your dsitributor and do away with worrying about your points. I know that the air cooled VW guys seem to like these systems, but I have never used on (even on my air cooled VWs!). I was wondering what the general thought was here on using the system on a pre-war Buick.... a great upgrade? Blasphemy?

When you guys reference the Pertronix "module" you're talking about the actual device that fits under your distributor cap, correct? Any pluses or minuses of using the Pertronix coil as well?

Thanks for all the responses... I think I might pull the trigger on one of these setups.

All I've used is the module itself with excellant results. When I rebuild an engine I don't even bother with points. A Pertronix module is part of the dist. rebuild. When the engine is first test run in a stand it is with the module. I don't think there is any benefit to using a Pertronix coil. If I remember correctly an after market "hot" coil is specificly NOT recommended.