Riviera to race car - free parts

NewHere

Sorry, this was a followup to another thread, but I should have realized the two threads would get seperated.

From orig thread:

Just bought an 88 Riviera we would like to turn into a race car. Hence, we will be stripping out the interior - anybody want anything? Seats? Upholstery? We may be removing the dash. Its all avail free.

Also, does anybody know where we can find the specs on the car, & how to tell what model we have?

All the seller knew was the year, make, model, & VIN.

Thanks,

John

Guest alex_houston

I would like the CRT, Cassett player, radio and ECM

The parts fit Reattas and Riviattas also.

Alex 281-772-7647 cell

post-37333-143137928842_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the delay in responding - website wouldn't let me post. Finally gave up & registered as a new user.

Haven't figured out how to get the CRT out of the car yet. Any suggestions?

Dash is our next project. We think the car has a radio & cassette player, as there is a panel marked "auto reverse", but there is certainly nothing I would recognize as a "radio". Is the radio part of that bizarre CRT screen?

Finally, isn't the ECM the computer that operates the fuel injection? If so, I believe we will be using it. If not, you are welcome to it, especially if you can you tell me where it is . . . .

Thanks

Seats & Upholstery are in the dumpster, along w/ the center console. Inside the dash & the center console are several metal boxes which appear to contain electronics, judging by the lg number of wires connected. Approx the size of a radio . . . say 3"x6"x9" or so. Anyone know what these are?

Guest alex_houston

The radio would be mounted in the trunk center top between the deck lid hinges, basically under the rear glass. I would still like the CRT if it is available.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding - went on vacation to the East Coast, & FROZE.

Don't think trunk center top is where our radio is (or ever was). Speakers are there, but no metal box w/ wires. In fact, no wires at all (except for the speaker wires). And I am pretty sure, as the car is now stripped to the bear metal from the dash back. My best guess is the center console - right side has the fuse center, & left side has a radio looking metal box. Will check out the box and the CRT. Do you know if the CRT is reqd for engine function?